Why hire a healthcare consultant?
The simple answer is for the same reason that you hire a contractor to remodel your kitchen or to change out a hard drive in a personal computer: because it would require a lot of your time and energy to DIY … and you probably would not get the job done as well as the specialist.
You are busy running your practice or company. You are trying to focus on billing and collections, office procedures, patient satisfaction, IT systems, and your practice management processes – all at the same time.
It’s time to take a break, step back and appraise things.
Here are the top five reasons why you need a healthcare consultant:
- You need help in critical areas that are not your specialty – It’s OK to delegate tasks that are not in your “wheel house”. Just like you specialize in the day-to-day of running your practice and seeing patients, we are specialists in payer contracting and healthcare consulting services. We seek your services when we are sick or injured; please seek healthcare consulting services when you run into business problems outside of your areas of expertise.
- You need to fix little issues now before they become big problems – You often don’t contact healthcare consultants until you really, really need us – and at that point you are in fire drill mode. Maybe you’ve been coasting along for years on the same payer contract when *BAM* they hit you with a massive decrease in physician reimbursements unexpectedly. Or *SURPRISE* you got blindsided by a secret shopper report from your hospital system that showed your patient satisfaction scores were the lowest this quarter.
Just like you preach early preventative care and treatment to your patients, we do the same for your practice’s payer contracts and related processes. Don’t wait for a huge problem to present itself – evaluate your systems and make changes now. We are here to help.
- You could use a fresh perspective – Have you ever been struggling with a task around your house, when a spouse or child walks in and goes, “Why don’t you try it this way?” After a moment of annoyance at their suggestion, you sit back, look at it again, and “Eureka! That’s it!”
We all benefit from an outsider’s appraisal– especially when that outsider is an expert.
You may have become so focused on the day-to-day of running things that it’s hard to take a step back and think about problems from a fresh perspective. It takes a healthcare consultant to fulfill that much-needed “outsider” role.
At Healthcents, we love providing suggestions and seeing that “Eureka!” moment for our clients – whether it’s physician reimbursements, claims tracking and trouble shooting, or chargemaster audits.
- Your bottom line could be better – While we seem to have made it through the great recession, we all are still feeling the need to be more efficient in our business processes. Increased costs of doing business, decreased resources, increased regulations and policies, and all kinds of other pressures are squeezing the bottom line.
In almost all cases, there are changes that you can make to increase your revenues – new sources of income, cost-cutting measures, partnership opportunities, and more.
As healthcare consultants, we exist to help you make money by making changes to your reimbursement processes, payer contracts, and practice management procedures. Our business is about making your revenue grow. For example, Healthcents’ payer contracts’ analysis and negotiations’ work results in an average 8-10 times ROI for our clients – that’s a major boost to the bottom line!
Don’t stand on the sidelines waiting – healthcare consultants can help you make the changes now that can pay off big time.
- You are overloaded – You already are squeezing as much as possible into every day. You are getting burnt out – no time or energy left to investigate new avenues of revenue or start on those much-needed changes.
You need help, plain and simple. Extra hands, extra minds, extra voices that can do, think and speak for you.
Talk to a healthcare consultant and get the help you need. Let us do the worrying, the investigating, the follow-up, the scheduling, the groundwork, the installation, the negotiating, the calibrations, the presentations, the training, the calculations, the ordering …
Did you get exhausted just reading that list and thinking about all those tasks? That’s why we’re here!
Save your time and energy for what really matters and let healthcare consultants lend a hand.
You’ve read these 5 reasons and you need more information about maximizing payer contracts’ reimbursements? Download our white paper with 3 tips for analyzing physician reimbursement agreements and sample the expertise we can offer to analyze your payer agreements.