Ambulatory Surgery Center Contracts and Reimbursement
Today there are over 6,000 Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) in the US. Many physicians partner as the owners and stakeholders in ASCs. There are single specialty and multi-specialty ASCs ASCs. Like medical practices ASCs usually derive over 50% of their revenues from commercial payer contracts. Therefore, an ASC stakeholder needs to optimize both physician reimbursements and ASC facility reimbursements. One of the best ways to do this is to evaluate the ambulatory surgery center contracts with payers.
ASCs represent a unique opportunity to maximize the return on investment for all key entities in the ASC ecosystem, i.e., the ASC, the patient, and the payer. Yes, payers also benefit by doing business with ASCs since the outpatient surgeries performed in ASCs are often 1/3 or less when performed in the ASC vs. the hospital and its related overhead.
Heathcents has been working with ASCs to maximize ASC contract reimbursements for over 15 years. We understand how to optimize this value proposition for ASC owners and how to enable the ASC to be a key profit center for its stakeholders. The value proposition of moving outpatient surgeries to ASCs is clear. It is also clear that to maximize this value proposition you need to contact Healthcents today.
We have hands-on experience, leading payer contracts’ negotiations for ASCs throughout the US to skillfully negotiate more profitable payer contracts and reimbursement. Healthcents specializes in provider contracting, reimbursement analysis and revenue cycle management. We have negotiated profitable contracts for ASC of all sizes, complexities, and specialties including single specialty and multispecialty ASCs. We understand the wage indexing system currently used by Medicare and how to correlate it back to APGs, carve outs, legacy grouper methodologies and bundled rates. We have been very effective in maximizing implant, multiple procedure, bilateral procedures and other reimbursement techniques. We have been successful in analyzing and negotiating contracts for well over 100 ASCs in the past two years alone. A sampling of these references is available at our testimonials page at our customer references page.
What We Can Do For You:
- Help you to obtain more profitable contracts through effective payer contracts negotiations and analysis
- Determine the best approaches to revenue maximization based on the targeted payer
- Optimize carve outs, implants, multiple procedures and bi-lateral procedures
- Conduct reimbursement evaluations to help insure maximum revenue to your ASC
- Help you to manage your ASC to achieve greater profit
- Identify new revenue streams and market opportunities
- Perform billing company evaluations and RFP’s
- Train your staff in contracts’ negotiations and contracts’ analysis
- Be a outsourcer to help you negotiate contracts, maintain credentialing and to trouble shoot claims
- Develop practice marketing strategies to employer groups and practices
- Identify strategic partners
- Conduct market research and analysis
- Help position you in the market to maximize payer contracts’ reimbursements
- Marketing programs and events
- Place your story in regional, local or national journals
- Host seminars and forums with numerous stakeholders
- Serve as your ambassador or broker in your community